RC Helicopter flying, RC Cars and RC boating

Made for other people and me to track what I am doing when with my remote controlled units. It started out with helicopters. Hence the name.

If only one of my units is of interest, this unit can be clicked on the right and only posts regarding that unit shows up.

This blog is open for comments so feel free to leave a comment.

Putting strips on Jenny

Aero-naut JennyPosted by xilsoe Dec 26, 2017 15:19:00
As I am not really a fan of the stained hull Jenny has, I decided to put some strips on the sides of the hull. I found some 10x0,5mm mahogany strips. This was the widest strips I could find that were still very slim. If I had found some wider strips I would have picked those instead. Further mahogany seems to be the only kind of wood offered in this very thin format. Otherwise I might have picked another kind of wood.

The hull already had been given some layers of lacquer, so I also gave the strips a layer of lacquer on both sides. Then I sanded the strips and the hull very gently. The strips were easily cut to length using a scissor. Finally I glued the strips to the sides of the hull using CyanoAcrylate. Very easy to get them to stick. Much easier than what I experienced building the Phantom. If I was to build the Phantom again, I would definitely put some layers of lacquer on the hull and mahogany strips before gluing them to the hull.

Now I have some sanding to do and I still have some gaps to fill in the hull before I proceed. I should probably put some more lacquer on the mahogany before trying to fill in the gaps so the glue won't mess with the mahogany. At some point I will make the mahogany bright and shiny as I did on the Phantom. Hopefully I know how to do it faster this time, but it will probably take at least 10 layers of lacquer before I am done.

Some pictures:
Thanks for looking smiley

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post515

More Jenny build pictures

Aero-naut JennyPosted by xilsoe Nov 21, 2017 20:54:24
After a little search the pictures I promised have been found. These pictures show how I used rubber bands to hold the sides in place while gluing them.

Here are the pictures:

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post514

Started building Jenny

Aero-naut JennyPosted by xilsoe Nov 19, 2017 20:03:19
Some time this summer I started building the Aero-naut Jenny. So far I have just been following the instructions. As I don't have lot of time for my hobby, progress is slow and I have not been taking a lot of pictures.

Here are a few pictures of the hull the stern being glued on, using a lot of rubber bands:

I also have some pictures of the sides being glued on that I will soon post.

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post513

UNIMOG on trail drive

Tamiya CR-01 UNIMOGPosted by xilsoe Oct 16, 2017 20:02:54
Yesterday I took the UNIMOG trailing with the local trail group. It was in one of the members garden and one of the guys made a nice video. Thanks:

The UNIMOG can be seen at 2.30. The UNIMOG performed flawlessly and was a pleasure to drive.


  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post512

80ifying the Bruiser

Tamiya BruiserPosted by xilsoe Aug 02, 2017 20:59:37
Finally I have managed to get an after market decal set for the Tamiya Mountaineer with the purpose of 80ifying the bruiser. I always thought my Bruiser was a little dull looking and I thought the colours in the Mountaineer decals would match the off white body colour.

I only used a few of the decals as I am afraid it will be too much. I can always add more decals if I want to.

Here are some pictures:


  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post511

Tightening the Bruiser slipper clutch

Tamiya BruiserPosted by xilsoe Jul 29, 2017 12:54:29
Last week I found the time to take the gearbox out of the Bruiser so the slipper clutch could be tightened. Not so much to taking the gearbox out. It seems to be designed for easy removal. I did have to cut some cable ties I had added so the cables wouldn't be all over.

When doing this kind of thing it is always nice to have the manual at hand. This will show how things comes apart and goes back together. One frightening thing I found when I had taken the gearbox apart was that a shim and a bearing was missing.

Apparently I had assembled the gearbox wrong when I put the slipper clutch in. The Bruiser had been running fine even without the missing parts, but now i have put them in as I believe it is better to have the gearbox assembled correctly.

I haven't tried the Bruiser out in terrain yet so I don't know if I am content with this adjustment. The test run indoor does however show that there is much less slip in the slipper clutch now. So this operation was definitely an improvement.


  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post510

Bruiser went trailing

Tamiya BruiserPosted by xilsoe Jul 20, 2017 18:55:39
A few weeks ago I went trailing with my Bruiser and a local trail group. Theis from the group shot some pictures. Here are the ones of my Bruiser:

There is a gallery at rcgalleri.dk, where all the pictures can be seen: http://www.rcgalleri.dk/fotoalbum/traaef/36718-hygge_trail.

This shoed what I already knew: I need to tighten the slipper clutch and I may need to lock one or more differentials.

I also brought the Bruiser along at work to show it off to some of the people who had helped me with the electronics. I think they were happy to see it.

Thanks for looking smiley

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post509

Bruiser on video

Tamiya BruiserPosted by xilsoe Jul 05, 2017 20:09:35
Finally I have made a youtube video of my Bruiser, displaying some of the sound and light effects.

Here is the video:

This car was also accepted at rcgalleri.dk. It can be found here: http://www.rcgalleri.dk/galleri/63867-off_roader_tamiya_hilux_bruiser_re_release_2012_edition

Thanks for looking :)

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post508
« PreviousNext »