A small update on New Jersey. I have acquired one motor for this ship. As usual a brushless outrunner. This one is quite small. I believe it is 18mm Ø outer diameter. I am intending on using four of those. During this week I picked the motor apart. I do believe I can insert the propeller shaft directly into the motor so I won't need a coupling
Furthermore I found out the mount can come off. This gives new options for motor mounting as well. I believe the motor mounts can be quite good when I make my own.
I have started making room for the propeller shafts and I have acquired some sailors in scale 1/350 from Tamiya and a photo etch kit from Eduard.com for the USS New Jersey. The sailors are probably going to be the last addition to this boat
Here are some pictures of the motor: