The water cooling heat sink for the Sea Wolf arrived earlier this week, so I decided to make water cooling for the sub this week, instead of working on the New Jersey. There was two tricky things about doing this.
The first one was to drill the holes in the WTC rear seal. No electric drill could get to the seal, so I used a pen wise. That gave me two 3mm holes, that needed to 4mm. That was tone with a needle file. Another tricky thing was that the drill would slip on the seal, so I put a piece of tape on the seal. That fixed that problem.
The other thing was how to place the heat sink on the motor and still have it inside the WTC. I found that I would have to remove the motor to slide the heat sink on from the end. Then I found that the water tubes should be placed downwards. That would allow closing the submarine without me having to do any modification. The placement can be seen in the pictures.
As this decreases buoyancy I decided to remove some of the ballast from the rear. I haven't tried the sub out after the upgrade, so I don't know how well it works yet. I'll report back when I know.