I know I haven't been updating this page for some time. This is due to a hard disk crash, where some data had to be restored before I wanted to proceed.
Anyway I have been doing some work on the PT-15. Since last update I have added antennas and decals to the superstructure, added decals to the hull, replaced the broken Arduino with a new Arduino with a new and hopefully improved program.
I have moved the receiver away from the power wires from the battery. Finally I have attempted placing the antennas in better positions. For this I made a vertical antenna that will extend into the superstructure when everything goes together. The vertical antenna can be seen in some of the pictures below.
Right now I would want to test the boat electronics. However I am not going to take the boat to the model boat pond alone as I am afraid it might end up somewhere on the pond. Furthermore I would like to test the boat with other radios in action to see if that is a problem. The outdoor model boating season starts in May 2014 so I don't see a lot of progress coming to this boat before season start.