heliblog

heliblog

RC Helicopter flying, RC Cars and RC boating

Made for other people and me to track what I am doing when with my remote controlled units. It started out with helicopters. Hence the name.

If only one of my units is of interest, this unit can be clicked on the right and only posts regarding that unit shows up.

This blog is open for comments so feel free to leave a comment.

PT-15 RC installation updated

Tamiya PT-15 Japan MTBPosted by xilsoe Oct 26, 2014 20:05:34
After getting my new transmitter I have updated the RC installation in the PT-15. Because of the programming options available in the transmitter I can program that and get rid of the Arduino in the boat. Though it was fun programming the Arduino, I believe I am better of without it in the boat. That is because without the Arduino I have less electronics in the boat to generate interference and I have less weight in the boat. Further I have eliminated the risk of having a software error in the Arduino.

I chose to use R7008SB receiver in the boat instead of using an R7003SB because I need 3 channels to control the boat. Using the external voltage telemetry in an R7003SB will take one of the channels.

To reduce weight I also chose to replace the main power cable that connects to the battery. I went from AWG 16 to AWG 18. I don't think I'll be using a lot of Ampere so that shouldn't be an issue.

When testing the RC installation some seals I had glued on top of the shaft housings came off. Instead of gluing them back in place, I decided to get some M2 grub screws to seal the holes. This means that it will be easier to lubricate the shafts if I will need to do that. These small screws can be seen in the pictures below.

Before fixing the deck in place, I intend to do some testing of the boat so I know it works. If there is a problem it will be much easier to fix before the deck comes on.

Here are some pictures of it all. (Antennas not fixed in place yet. I have not decided what to do about those yet.)

smiley

  • Comments(0)//heliblog.moller-ilsoe.dk/#post470